Training from the BACK of the Room – Virtual Edition
THE BEST OF BRAIN-BASED INSTRUCTION, TRAINING AND LEARNING
Become a skillful virtual trainer leveraging Brain Science to make learning stick
The official “Training from the BACK of the Room – virtual edition” (TBR-VE) Practitioner Class is a globally-acclaimed, interactive, skills-building train-the-trainer class for anyone who is a trainer, teacher, instructor, coach, or facilitator of learning.
The 5 TBR-VE Class Modules relate directly to human learning in virtual environments. You will be introduced to the cognitive neuroscience concepts – the brain science behind all effective instructional design. You will explore how the human brain actually learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. You’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for virtual instruction and learning.
during this virtual setting
You’ll learn six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science
You’ll be able to apply these principles every time you train, teach, instruct, or coach others. You’ll also experience and collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies that you can use with any topic and any group of learners.
You’ll use the 4Cs Instructional Design Map
A powerful 4-step design and delivery model you will be able to use to create training plans specific to topics you already teach.
The Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition class is for anyone who wants to design, build and deliver live virtual training which is based in the psychology of learning and the science of remote working.
Typical attendee roles include:
- Agile Coaches
- Learning and Development Professionals
Learn how to keep the participants engaged and be interactive throughout the session to keep the energy flowing and learning happening.
Apply 6 brain-science principles to any virtual/remote training you facilitate regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
Use the 4Cs Instructional Design Map as a training design and delivery model for brain- based VIRTUAL instruction.
Create virtual training sessions that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based virtual learning concepts and strategies from the class and demonstrate how to leverage the strengths of VIRTUAL learning environments.
Explain to colleagues your understanding of cognitive science as it applies to learning, training and memory in both VIRTUAL and face-to- face environments.
Choose from dozens of VIRTUAL brain-based learning activities for all topics.
Become an active member of the TBR-VE Class Group on Slack, a community that collaborates and encourages its members to be the best that they can be!
Experience an Asynchronous & Synchronous approach to learning.
Certificate of Completion
On successful completion of this class you will receive a TBR-VE Class Certificate of Completion
Please note: You must attend the full 5 sessions and complete about 6 hours of asynchronous “homework” to receive your certificate.
The Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition is a flipped classroom – there is 1 to 2 hours of essential, asynchronous work to do in between sessions to reinforce learning and prepare for what's to come.
- Be Prepared
- What’s in it for me?
- Psychological Safety in Live Virtual Training
- Trainer’s Toolbox
- 6 Brain Science Principles to maximise Live Virtual Learning
- Tools and Techniques to use the Brain Science Principles
- Low stakes Brain Science Principles practice
- Live Virtual Class Design with the 4Cs Map
- Tools and Techniques to use with each step of the way
- The Secret Formula for Successful Learning Outcomes
- Low stakes 4Cs practice and feedback
- Deeper dive into Instructional Design with the 4Cs
- The Secret Formula for Successful Learning Outcomes revisited
- Bringing it together – 4Cs map design
- Reflect on your Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition Experience
- Present your 4Cs map
upcoming public trainings
Regular Price: $1497
Early Bird $1297 • Super Early Bird: $1097
1:00pm - 3:30pm CST
10:30am - 1:00pm CST
2:30pm - 5:00pm CST
**The class size is limited, to no more than 12 participants per class, to allow for more in-class interaction, discussions, and ensure maximum engagement.
Each participant will receive a copy of my book:
Brain Building Blueprints
Here's what people are saying, “Brain Building Blueprints” is a brilliantly designed and practical flip book full of easy-to-use activities, for any topic, or subject area, and for any level of learner. The trainer or teacher simply flips the pages until they come to the activities of their choice for each of the 4Cs Map steps –and voilá! The learning activities are “mapped” and ready to use in any learning environment.
- A laptop or desktop computer (the class is not designed for digital tablet or smart phone).
- High quality web cam.
- Good quality microphone/speakers or headset.
- Access to Zoom.
- Access to whiteboard collaboration tools like Mural/Miro (you do not need to purchase these tools, you just need to have access to them)
- Printing source to download/print the digital Participant Workbook (about 45 pages) – if you don’t have access to a printer, contact us to discuss your options.
- A copy of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling book “Training from the BACK of the Room! 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn”.
- A copy of the TBR-VE Participant Workbook for Training from the BACK of the Room – Virtual Edition class that is only available with this program.
- A collection of “brain activating tools” that can be used in all your training programs.
- A trainer’s ‘tool bag’ of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs.
- Membership in the TBR-VE Practitioner Community, on Slack.
- A Practitioners’ Certificate of Completion.
Contact me directly for details on private TBR-VE sessions for your teams, or groups.
- Tickets are non-refundable, except on a case by case basis. Ticketing fees and the material fees are non-refundable. Substitutions are welcome anytime. Transfers which occur within 4 weeks of the course date will require an administrative fee.
- If a course is canceled due to low enrollment, we will coordinate rescheduling your ticket to any of the future training class dates. If no future dates are available, you will be offered a full refund.
Please note all these materials are copyright protected and will only be distributed to registered class participants. You may not distribute the materials without prior approval.